Did you recently get hurt in an accident in Walnut Creek, California? Are you struggling with injuries because someone else was careless or negligent? If so, contact The Herman Firm to discuss your legal rights. You may be entitled to compensation, and our Walnut Creek personal injury lawyers will fight to get you every cent you deserve.
Led by award-winning attorney Michael D. Herman, our law office has been a dedicated advocate for accident victims in the San Francisco Bay area since 2014. Putting nearly a decade of experience behind every case, we help injured clients win millions in life-changing compensation every year.
How The Herman Firm Can Help After an Accident in Walnut Creek, CA
Whether you’re in a car accident or get hurt on the job, resulting injuries can be devastating. You may experience sky-high medical bills and, at the same time, lose your ability to work. If someone else puts you in this difficult situation, you can demand accountability by filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
However, insurance companies and at-fault parties won’t make things easy for you. That’s where our Walnut Creek personal injury attorneys can help.
At The Herman Firm, our top-rated litigators are passionate advocates for injury victims and families in Walnut Creek. Our results speak for themselves, and it’s why attorney Michael D. Herman is recognized as a Super Lawyers’ “Rising Star,” National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 Attorney, and a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
While you focus on getting better, our law firm will:
- Coordinate a thorough investigation into your accident to determine why it happened and who’s at fault
- Prepare for efforts to blame you for the accident, which could hurt your financial recovery
- Gather evidence – including police or accident reports, photos, medical records, witness statements, and expert testimony – to build and strengthen your claim for damages
- Seek damages from all parties who share liability for your accident and injuries
- Negotiate with other parties on your behalf
- Have a respected trial attorney bring your case to a jury in Contra Costa County if other parties refuse to negotiate and offer a fair settlement
When you turn to us for help after an unexpected accident in Walnut Creek, you’ll get the compassionate touch of a small firm and your very own personal shark in the courtroom.
Get in touch by phone or connect with us online to schedule your free, no-obligation case evaluation today.
We Handle All Types of Personal Injury Cases in the East Bay Area
When your world is turned upside down because of an accident, you can count on The Herman Firm for help.
We represent clients in Contra Costa County and throughout the Greater Bay area who have suffered injuries or lost family members as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Boating accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Negligent security
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Defective products and product liability matters
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death, and more.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our top-rated legal team for assistance after your Walnut Creek accident. We’re here to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer After an Accident in Walnut Creek?
You’ve got enough on your plate after a serious accident without the added stress of a lawsuit. Fortunately, you have the option of hiring an experienced personal injury attorney in Walnut Creek to represent you.
Here’s why that’s a great idea:
- Insurance companies don’t want you to ask for help. They’d much rather negotiate directly with you because they know you’re overwhelmed and unfamiliar with the personal injury claims process.
- Statistically speaking, you’re more likely to win your case. It’s true. Research suggests that people who hire personal injury lawyers win their cases more often than those who don’t.
- You can recover up to 3.5 times more in financial compensation. Hiring a lawyer is also associated with a higher rate of recovery – up to 3.5 times as much as if you’d handle your case on your own.
- You’ll benefit from experts and resources you don’t otherwise have access to. Insurance companies, hospitals, and well-funded defendants will have seemingly-endless resources at their disposal. When you hire a lawyer, you don’t just get a legal advocate in your corner. You’ll also get access to their trusted experts and have the financial ability to go toe-to-toe with tough adversaries.
- You deserve the opportunity to rest and recover. The more time you can concentrate on your physical recovery, the better. That’s tough when you’re trying to split your focus between getting better and fighting for compensation. Hiring a lawyer takes the legal battle off of your plate and frees up your time to focus on getting better.
- There’s no cost unless you win. It’s true; most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. So, the personal injury law firm assumes all of the financial risk associated with litigating your case. You only pay if your attorney wins your case. Typically, a personal injury lawyer in Walnut Creek will recover between a third and 40 percent of your financial award.
- You’re probably going to be blamed. California has a pure comparative fault rule, which means that your damages can be reduced if you share fault. Insurance companies will try to use this to limit how much money they have to pay. An attorney will be ready and able to defend you against these (often baseless) strategies.
It’s not just about hiring any attorney after your accident. It’s about hiring the attorney that’s best suited to help you and handle your specific case.
At The Herman Firm, we’re dedicated to providing personal, customized representation to every client. To us, clients are truly like family. At the same time, we are ruthless in our pursuit of compensation on our clients’ behalf. We won’t accept anything less than transparent, honest negotiations and will be fully prepared to argue your case at trial, if necessary.
What Compensation Can I Get After I’m Hurt in an Accident in Walnut Creek?
In California, two types of damages are typically awarded to injury victims: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages account for the financial costs of an accident and resulting injuries, such as:
- Lost wages, income, and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Present medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Nursing care or assistance
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, make up for the costs of an accident that are difficult to value.
Often referred to as “pain and suffering damages,” this can include money for:
- Chronic physical pain
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Emotional distress, including anxiety and depression
- Loss of quality of life
Punitive damages may be awarded if there’s clear and convincing evidence of malice, oppression, or fraud. These are typically limited to situations when you’re hurt intentionally or because another person displayed a conscious disregard for your safety. Punitive awards may be seen in cases involving a drunk driver or when a medical professional or company displays a pattern of abusive or reckless conduct.
What’s My Walnut Creek Personal Injury Case Worth?
The value of a personal injury case will vary (sometimes significantly) from one situation to the next.
It will depend on a number of factors, such as:
- Your injuries and their severity
- Whether you’re expected to fully recover
- How your ability to work has been affected
- If you share responsibility for your accident and resulting injuries
- Your out-of-pocket costs and expenses
- The extent to which you’ve been impacted by the trauma of being in an accident
The greater the accident’s impact on your life, the more a personal injury claim will tend to be worth.
It’s always best to discuss the details of your specific situation with an experienced Walnut Creek personal injury attorney. Every accident is unique, and so is every victim. Only an attorney with experience handling cases like yours will be able to provide insight into what your case is worth and help you recover maximum compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted Walnut Creek Personal Injury Lawyer
Don’t give other parties and insurance companies an advantage. Put yourself in the best position to win your case and walk away with all of the money you deserve.
Contact The Herman Firm and level the playing field by getting our Walnut Creek personal injury lawyers in your corner.
Our law firm provides a free initial case evaluation. We’re ready to listen to your side of the story, assess the facts of your case, and offer some preliminary guidance about your legal rights and options. Get in touch with us to arrange a time for your consultation today.